Resection of a giant hepatic adenoma in an eight-year-old girl.
Hepatic adenomas are benign tumors typically diagnosed in women of reproductive age, however, these tumors occur in the pediatric population although rare. We present the case of a giant hepatic adenoma in an 8-year-old female without established risk factors with progressive abdominal pain, and po intolerance, biliary obstruction, anemia, and fever.
With great pleasure I would like to inform you that a new issue of the journal Contemporary Oncology/Współczesna Onkologia (ISSN 1428-2526) is now available at
We hope that you will find there interesting materials that will enrich your knowledge and encourage regular reading of our journal. The latest issue contains the following articles:
Top Stories This Week
Surgery Breaking News
In april 14-16, 2016 in the city of Bukhara (Uzbekistan) was held on the 7th cycle of the International week of Oncology "Oncology and plastic surgery" as a General informational sponsor was organized by the portal "Oncology.ru".
The Organizers Of The Forum:
1. World Federation of surgical oncologists, www.wfsos.org
2. All-Russian public organization "Federation of specialists in disease of the head and neck",www.headneckfdr.ru
3. First Moscow state medical University. I. M. Sechenov, www.mma.ru
4. The Republican cancer research center, www.ronc.uz
5. The Department of health of Bukhara region
6. Bukhara State Medical Institute named after Abu Ali Ibn Sina, www.avicenna-med.uz
7. Bukhara cancer center, www.buxoro-onco.uz
In total the school was attended by over 200 of their listeners in almost all regions of Uzbekistan, as well as their neighboring countries - Tajikistan and Kazakhstan.
In the official opening ceremony was attended and delivered a welcoming speech:
- Director of the cancer research center of R. UZ. Professor M. N. Tillashayxov,
- Rector of Bukhara state Medical Institute Professor T. A. Askarov,
- Head of regional health administration of Bukhara region I. I. Amonov.
Highlights in Surgery
- Serbian cancerology week in conjunction with School of oncology of WFSOS Written on Friday, 19 August 2016 00:00 Read more...
- International scientific educational school in Bukhara Written on Thursday, 03 March 2016 06:00 Read more...
WFSOS Workshop 19-20 of February 2016 Chelyabinsk, Russia
- VI cycle of International Oncology Week Written on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 09:00 Read more...
- 31/10 - 05/11/2014 The 5th Cycle of the International Week of Oncology Integrated Educational Standards of Treatment in Oncology and Plastic Surgery: Technologies and Innovations Written on Tuesday, 30 September 2014 16:00
- Announcement Written on Monday, 21 May 2018 00:00 Read more...
Post-release «The Common future in the treatment of oncology» The VIII Cycle of the international oncology week